Aboriginal Cultural Worker, Glynde
We have an outstanding opportunity for an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person to join our Foster Care team as the Aboriginal Cultural Worker.
In joining our team, you will provide and support culturally inclusive placements for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and young people in family-based care. You will be an integral member of the Foster Care Services team, and will work collaboratively with leadership and staff to ensure culturally responsive placements.
You will thrive in this next chapter of your career as you:
- Promote strategies and practice for a service model which provides Aboriginal children and young people in care with appropriate and culturally responsive placements
- Provide consultation on cultural considerations to placement coordinators for referrals of Aboriginal children and young people
- Promote the Aboriginal Child Placement Principle at all levels within the program.
- Develop and maintain key relationship networks to achieve goals and improve outcomes for children and young people in care
- Enhance connections with Aboriginal communities and Elders
Are you who we’re looking for? If you are, you’ll be able to draw upon your extensive experience working with children and families, as well as your demonstrated knowledge of the diversity of Aboriginal communities.
Want to know more? Refer to the attached position description.
Aboriginal Cultural Worker
- Level 5 – $94,000 – $99,999 + Super + Salary Packaging
- Full Time
- Contract end date 30 June 2023 (contract extension based on funding)
To apply, or for information contact:
Deborah Whitelock, Operations Manager Foster Care Services, 0419 594 058 or email@example.com
Applications close Sunday Jul 17 2022 at 5:00pm