Aboriginal Engagement Worker
You’re kind. You’re compassionate. You are also resilient, and identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander. For you, your culture and community are of uttermost importance, making a difference is what drives you to get out of bed, and you are looking for that perfect opportunity to put your passion to work.
Which is why we’ll get along great.
We have an outstanding opportunity for an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person to join our team as the Aboriginal Engagement Worker within our Foster Care Services.
In joining our team, you will provide and support culturally inclusive placements for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and young people in family-based care. You will be an integral member of the Foster Care Services team, and will work collaboratively with the Aboriginal Cultural Worker, Foster Care Services and will work collaboratively with leadership and staff to ensure culturally responsive placements.
You will thrive in this next chapter of your career as you:
- Contribute to the development, planning and delivery of carer connect groups, support groups, playgroups for carers of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander children.
- Assist with planning and facilitation of events that promote and celebrate Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander culture throughout the year.
- Promote and facilitate groups and events that enhance positive connection to culture.
- Develop and provide resources to staff and foster carers with the purpose of increasing cultural competency.
- Identify and promote resources and materials that ensure Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander children in care grow up with a strong sense of identity and culture.
- Assist with the promotion and recruitment of foster carers to care for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander children.
Want to know more? Refer to our website for the full job description.
Lutheran Care values all its staff by ensuring they are well supported through paid maternity and paternity leave, an Employee Assistance Program, a free and confidential counselling service, access to internal and external training opportunities, an annual staff conference and professional development days, annual staff/volunteer celebrations and an innovative and caring culture.
We offer a competitive remuneration plus salary packaging. The Australian Taxation Office (ATO) allows Public Benevolent Institutions (PBI), such as Lutheran Care, to offer special tax concessions. Through salary packaging, these concessions allow employees to increase their take-home pay.
For details about Lutheran Care, please browse our website. You can also check us out on our Lutheran Care Facebook page. To access our Job Description, please click on the above link.
For any queries regarding this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications must include a Cover Letter and current Resume.
Only applications submitted Via Seek, will be accepted.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo a NDIS Workers Screening Check, a DHS Working With Children Check, as well as a current Safe Environments for Children & Young People certificate. You must hold a current and unrestricted South Australian Driver’s License and possess a registered roadworthy vehicle available for work use (employees reimbursed for work travel). In addition, the successful applicant will be required to provide evidence of COVID-19 vaccination or a medical exemption.
Lutheran Care is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We consider that being Aboriginal or a Torres Strait Islander is a genuine occupational requirement for this position and we encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants to apply.
If you’re committed to making a difference in people’s lives and share our values of social justice, compassion, inclusion and commitment, we want to hear from you!
Applications close Sunday Mar 26 2023 at 5.00pm