Family Engagement Worker
Welcome to Lutheran Care. We are an energetic, forward thinking and values driven, not for profit organisation, providing support to people who need it most. Operating for over 50 years, our current services that we deliver across Lutheran Care include foster care, emergency relief, financial counselling, community programs, family support and education programs, homelessness services, Elcies Disability Care and Op Shops.
We are looking for a passionate and dynamic Family Engagement Worker to join our Foster Care Services. Reporting to the Foster Care Engagement Coordinator, the Family Engagement Worker will work closely with the Foster Care Recruitment & Retention Coordinator in developing and implementing new engagement opportunities between Lutheran Care, our carers and the Community, with the overall aim of increasing supports and connections for our carers and their families.
The duties of this role include:
- Lead the development and implementation process of a co-designed carer peer support network in conjunction with LC staff and carers.
- Work in conjunction with leadership, foster carers, foster care services staff and external stakeholders to ensure an ongoing coordinated approach to carer peer support.
- Develop and implement carer connection and engagement strategies that support foster carers and their families to thrive in their foster caring journey.
- Plan and facilitate Carer Connect groups and activities across our contracted service regions, ensuring these are in line with carers requests and feedback.
- In collaboration with the Foster Care Recruitment & Retention worker and leadership staff, assist with research and development of best practice carer recruitment and retention strategies.
- Provide case management and support to carers with no current placements to ensure these carers remain connected to, and supported by, the organisation.
Lutheran Care values all its staff by ensuring they are well supported through paid maternity and paternity leave, an Employee Assistance Program, a free and confidential counselling service, access to internal and external training opportunities, an annual staff conference and professional development days, annual staff/volunteer celebrations and an innovative and caring culture.
We offer a competitive remuneration plus salary packaging. The Australian Taxation Office (ATO) allows Public Benevolent Institutions (PBI), such as Lutheran Care, to offer special tax concessions. Through salary packaging, these concessions allow employees to increase their take-home pay.
For details about Lutheran Care, please browse our website. You can also check us out on our Lutheran Care Facebook page. To access our Job Description, please click on the above link.
For any queries regarding this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications must include a Cover Letter and current Resume.
Only applications submitted Via Seek, will be accepted.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a great team environment, within a progressive, customer-focused organisation.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo a NDIS Workers Screening Check, a DHS Working With Children Check, as well as a current Safe Environments for Children & Young People certificate. You must hold a current and unrestricted South Australian Driver’s License and possess a registered roadworthy vehicle available for work use (employees reimbursed for work travel). In addition, the successful applicant will be required to provide evidence of COVID-19 vaccination or a medical exemption.
Lutheran Care is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and those from culturally diverse communities. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
Applications close Wednesday Apr 5 2023 at 5.00pm