Family Support Worker/Parenting Group Facilitator, Ingle Farm
We have a new role of Family Support Worker/Parenting Group Facilitator available in our Family Zone program at the Ingle Farm office.
Family Zone is a child and family centre providing a range of supports and programs for families designed to help increase the confidence and skills of parents with young children.
The Family Support Worker/Parenting Group Facilitator is a dual role that will deliver an 8 week “Being with Baby” course per school term, this is in addition to providing home visiting support if required and post group support as required. The role will also provide family/community support using recognised theoretical frameworks of client centred practice and tailored activities to meet the needs of neurodiverse communities and their families.
In addition, the role will provide home visiting and parenting group support for parents who are experiencing complex issues such as but not limited to mental health, domestic violence, educational disadvantage, personal stress or crisis. Support will be offered to each family over a specific timeframe in a culturally aware and non-judgemental manner.
This role is perfect for someone who thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic environment – no two days will be the same!
The duties of this role include;
- Develop, promote, facilitate and evaluate Being with Baby groups.
- Facilitate parenting education programs.
- Link families with appropriate support services within Family Zone and partner organisations.
- Identify and develop key relationship networks to achieve goals, and improve outcomes for clients and service delivery methods.
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with families and individuals
- Conduct intake and assessmentand needs assessment with families and individuals where appropriate
- Deliver client centred, strengths based Case Management.
- Assess the priority and provide appropriate responses to clients with behaviours that demonstrate high and complex needs.
Family Support Worker/Parenting Group Facilitator
- LC Level 4
- Part Time – 21 hours per week
- Contract end date June 2023 (contract extensions based on funding)
- Based at Ingle Farm (working in client homes and at the Salisbury Community Hub will also be required)
For further information contact:
- Kerry MacGrath, Manager – Family Zone, 0436 294 096 – email@example.com
Applications close Sunday Jul 3 2022 at 5:00pm