We have a new vacancy for a Financial Counsellor – Money Hub Services, based at our Alice Springs office.
In Central Australia, Lutheran Care (LC) operates a Financial Services Hub which provides a financial literacy program, and Financial Counselling to Alice Springs, including town camps and remote communities within the Central Australian service area. Lutheran Care also has a contract to deliver specialised financial health and capability services to Central Australia which support the family money management through a range of existing banking products.
In this role you will require:
- A Diploma of Financial Counselling and be eligible to become a member of South Australian Financial Counsellors Association.
- Knowledge of financial counselling principles and practices.
- High level of conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- An understanding of Central Australian Indigenous culture and the ability to work with people from Indigenous communities.
- Willingness to travel throughout Central Australia with some overnight stays in a range of accommodation.
- Knowledge of the concepts of financial exclusion / inclusion, hardship, financial counselling services, relevant government policy and legislation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to establish a rapport and maintain a positive working relationship with clients and other service providers.
For further details, please refer to the attached job description.
Financial Counsellor – Money Hub Service
- Lutheran Care Enterprise Agreement – Level 5 position
- Full Time (1.0FTE) contract position
- Position is based in Alice Springs
Please click on the below link to submit your application via Seek. Only applications submitted via Seek will be considered.
For further information about the role, please contact:
- People & Culture Team, email@example.com – 8269 9366
Applications close Friday Jan 6 2023 at 5.00pm