Welcome to Lutheran Care. We are an energetic, forward thinking and values driven, not for profit organisation, providing support to people who need it most. Our current programs include emergency relief, financial counselling, family support and education, foster care, housing and family shelter, community services, homelessness services, and refugee services.
Lutheran Care (LC) also provides a financial literacy program, emergency relief and financial counselling to Alice Springs, including town camps and remote communities within the Central Australian service area.
We currently have an exciting job opportunity for a full-time Financial Counsellor to provide high level and confidential financial counselling and education to clients, whilst building financial resilience for vulnerable people through information, education and promotion of our services.
Whilst the position is based in our Alice Springs office, outreach services are a key aspect of our Financial Services Hub and therefore extensive travel, including some overnight stays is required. Driving a 4WD vehicle over large distances is requirement of the role and therefore driver training will be provided. Relocation assistance, generous salary packaging, additional leave entitlements and access to professional development opportunities are available.
You will require:
- A Diploma of Financial Counselling and be eligible to become a member of South Australian Financial Counsellors Association.
- Knowledge of financial counselling principles and practices.
- High level of conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- An understanding of Central Australian Indigenous culture and the ability to work with people from Indigenous communities.
- Willingness to travel throughout Central Australia with some overnight stays in a range of accommodation.
- Knowledge of the concepts of financial exclusion / inclusion, hardship, financial counselling services, relevant government policy and legislation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to establish a rapport and maintain a positive working relationship with clients and other service providers.
The Australian Taxation Office (ATO) allows Public Benevolent Institutions (PBI), such as Lutheran Care, to offer special tax concessions. Through salary packaging, these concessions allow an employee to increase their take-home pay.
Please apply by clicking the ‘Apply Now’ button.
For details about Lutheran Care and to access a copy of the Job Description, please visit our website at www.lutherancare.org.au. You can also check us out on our Lutheran Care Facebook page.
All applications must include a Cover Letter and current Resume.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a great team environment, within a progressive, customer-focused organisation.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo a National Criminal History Check, NDIS Workers Screening Check and a OCHRE Card (NT). You must hold a current and unrestricted Northern Territory Drivers License and possess a registered roadworthy vehicle available for work use (employees reimbursed for work travel). In addition, the successful applicant will be required to provide evidence of COVID-19 vaccination or a medical exemption.
Lutheran Care is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and those from culturally diverse communities. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
Applications close Sunday Feb 12 2023 at 5.00pm