Foster Care Case Worker (Specialist)
We have two full-time vacancies for Foster Care Case Worker (Specialists) based at our Sefton Park office. The Foster Care Case Worker (Specialist) is responsible for providing, assessment, training, support and advocacy for foster carers to achieve highly successful placements and maximise the well-being of children in care.
While these position are office based, travel for regular home visits with foster carers and to other locations for intra and interagency meetings is required.
The aims and objectives of these roles include:
- Manage a case load of carer households (1:10)
- Provide case work through assessment, training, support, placement and advocacy.
- Maintain regular contact through telephone, e-mail and home visits as per agency guidelines
- Assist the placement co-ordinators with the process of matching and placement of children with approved foster carers as required.
- Liaise with DCP and other members of the care team to ensure the needs of children in care are met.
- Provide information to foster care applicants on training requirements and schedules.
- Assist with planning and facilitating of special events and support group for carers and families
- Conduct annual foster household reviews annual reviews.
Want to know more? Refer to the attached job description.
Foster Care Case Worker (Specialist) (x2 positions)
- LC Level 4
- Sefton Park
- Full Time
- Contract end date 30 June 2023 (contract extensions based on funding)
For further information and to apply contact:
Deborah Whitelock, Operations Manager – Foster Care Services – firstname.lastname@example.org – mb: 0419 594 058
Applications close Sunday Sep 18 2022 at 5.00pm