Operations Manager – Divert
Welcome to Lutheran Care. We are an energetic, forward thinking and values driven not for profit organisation, providing support to people who need it most.
Our organisation offers a wide range of programs and services and we support communities through responding to the needs of individuals and families, community development, learning opportunities, accommodation and disability support. Current programs include Homelessness and Housing, Community Connections, Community Hubs, Community Visitors Scheme, Elcies Disability Care, Emergency Relief, Financial Counselling, Family Support and Education and Foster Care. Through innovative approaches, we strive to enhance the well-being of individuals and make a positive impact on their lives.
The Toward Home Alliance in collaboration with the South Australian Housing Authority (SAHA) has identified a need for transformational change in the way services support people affected by homelessness. The Toward Home Alliance strategy focuses on shifting homelessness services from crisis management to early intervention and prevention. We recognise that every position within the Toward Home Alliance has a vital role to play in reducing homelessness.
And this is where you come in!
We have an exciting opportunity for an Operations Manager – Divert to join our Toward Home Homelessness Alliance Team. As a valued member of the Lutheran Care THA management team, the Operations Manager – Divert will play a vital role in cultivating a thriving and nurturing work culture. This includes exhibiting exemplary leadership skills, ensuring the implementation of high-quality client service delivery practices, and fostering an atmosphere of continuous improvement, collaboration, and unwavering commitment to excellence.
The role of the Operations Manager – Divert will be responsible for providing support and oversight in the operations and business development of the Toward Home Divert program. Their primary objectives will be to ensure optimal program performance, maintain the highest quality of services, and facilitate successful collaboration with all Toward Home Alliance partners. By diligently fulfilling these responsibilities, the Operations Manager – Divert will contribute to the overall success and effectiveness of the program.
The role of the Operations Manager – Divert will provide advanced leadership responsibilities, providing direction, and offering coaching to the Divert team. The Operations Manager holds a pivotal role in guiding and supporting team members to foster their professional growth and ensure effective engagement within the team. They will actively work towards building a positive team culture that embraces diversity and promotes inclusivity.
Key Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Demonstrating collaborative practice across the Toward Home Alliance partners including as part of the Alliance Management Team
- Leading a team of case managers to deliver person centred client services across the Adelaide Southern, City and Hills regions
- Diligently oversee the daily operational delivery of the service, utilising their expertise and innovative thinking to improve reporting and administrative processes.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of Lutheran Care’s Practice Framework, whilst aligning the service with Lutheran Care’s core values and best practices.
- Ensure strict compliance with reporting, documentation, and administrative requirements as directed by Lutheran Care and outlined in the Towards Home contract.
- Establish clear guidelines and standards for data entry and case note documentation, providing training and support to the team members as needed.
- Ensure Quality Systems are not only embraced but also enhanced in line with the organisational expectations.
- Provide support to team by fostering a comprehensive understanding of the sector and the challenges faced by individuals experiencing homelessness. This support will be offered through leadership and strategic planning.
Lutheran Care values all its staff by ensuring they are well supported through paid maternity and paternity leave, an Employee Assistance Program, a free and confidential counselling service, access to internal and external training opportunities, an annual staff conference and professional development days, annual staff/volunteer celebrations and an innovative and caring culture.
We offer a competitive remuneration plus salary packaging. The Australian Taxation Office (ATO) allows Public Benevolent Institutions (PBI), such as Lutheran Care, to offer special tax concessions. Through salary packaging, these concessions allow employees to increase their take-home pay.
For details about Lutheran Care, please browse our website. You can also check us out on our Lutheran Care Facebook page. To access our Job Description please click on the above link.
For any queries regarding this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications must include a Cover Letter and current Resume. Only applications submitted Via Seek, will be accepted.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a great team environment, within a progressive, customer-focused organisation.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo a NDIS Workers Screening Check, a DHS Working With Children Check, as well as a current Safe Environments for Children & Young People certificate. You must hold a current and unrestricted South Australian Driver’s License and possess a registered roadworthy vehicle available for work use (employees reimbursed for work travel). In addition, the successful applicant will be required to provide evidence of COVID-19 vaccination or a medical exemption
Lutheran Care is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and those from culturally diverse communities. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
Applications close Monday Jun 12 2023 at 5.00pm