Program Manager – Family & Relationship Services
Welcome to Lutheran Care. We are an energetic, forward thinking and values driven, not for profit organisation, providing support to people who need it most. Current programs include emergency relief, financial counselling, family support and education, foster care, housing and family shelter, homelessness services, and refugee services.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Program Manager- Family and Relationship Services, with qualifications in either Counselling Social Work, Psychology or Education to join this Specialist Services Program.
This is where you come in!
Reporting to the Executive Manager Specialist Services, this position is part of the Family and Relationship Services (FRS) program which is primarily federally funded by the Australian Government Department of Social Services.
You will be a relationship builder with exceptional skills in your chosen field. Your drive to build this program will have you provide operational leadership and practice supervision to the Family & Relationship Services team to address complex personal, relationship and family cases within specified regions or operations at Lutheran Care.
In this role, you will:
Leadership and Management:
- Provide leadership, supervision, performance review and development plans, performance management and effective working relationships with staff and any volunteers.
- CALD networking, developing and maintaining networking relationships with CALD Communities, including understanding their needs and providing culturally appropriate services
- Plan and monitor workloads to maintain a high standard of service and service delivery.
- Lead processes that support operational requirements and meet legislative and contractual requirements.
- Provide advice to the Senior Management about trends that impact upon service delivery and funding and identify innovative opportunities to expand services, including fee for service to support program and organisation growth and sustainability.
- Supervise and coordinate strengths based, client centre counselling services.
- Assess the priority and provide appropriate responses to clients with presenting issues that demonstrate high and complex needs.
- Target services to families experiencing vulnerabilities or families with multiple and complex needs, including CALD families and communities.
- Participate in program planning, performance evaluation and liaison with funders in relation to counselling staff.
In exchange for your hard work, you’ll be well rewarded! In joining a high-performing organisation, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to be part of professional development programs and a flexible, vibrant culture. We’ll provide you with a competitive salary, a supportive environment and the added boost of salary packaging options, allowing you to increase your take-home pay.
We value our staff, students and volunteers and ensure they are well supported through paid maternity and paternity leave, an Employee Assistance Program, access to internal and external training opportunities, annual staff conference and professional development days, annual volunteer celebrations and an innovative and caring culture.
For details about Lutheran Care, please refer to our website at www.lutherancare.org.au. You can also check us out on our Lutheran Care Facebook page. For a copy of the Job Description, please click on the ‘Download a Job Description’ section at the top of this page.
For any queries regarding this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: Friday 10 March 2023
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Applications will be shortlisted as received and the job advertisement may close without notice.
All applications must include a Cover Letter and current Resume. Only applications submitted Via Seek, will be accepted.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a great team environment, within a progressive, customer-focused organisation.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo a NDIS Workers Screening Check, a DHS Working With Children Check, as well as a current Safe Environments for Children & Young People certificate. You must hold a current and unrestricted South Australian Driver’s License and possess a registered roadworthy vehicle available for work use (employees reimbursed for work travel). In addition, the successful applicant will be required to provide evidence of COVID-19 vaccination or a medical exemption.
Lutheran Care is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and those from culturally diverse communities. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
Applications close Friday Mar 10 2023 at 5.00pm